Fix My PVC Window Locks
Here’s our process for fixing your PVC Window Locks.
Go through this and you’ll be able to take care of the problem you’re facing.
- Does the handle turn? If no, go to step 2.
- Does it operate the lock? If no, go to step 3.
- Remove 2 fixing screws, check that handle turns spindle (if not jump to step 5).
- Replace handle (with new if necessary).
- Open window & check for movement of lock. Does window open? If no, please get professional help as glass will have to be removed to free lock mechanism. If yes, go to step 6.
- If lock not moving, the gearbox is broken. Replace lock. If lock is moving but will not lock the window go to step 7.
- Close window and check alignment of locking rollers with catch plate and adjust if necessary.
Don’t forget – you can download the flowchart by filling in the form here. If you have questions, or you’re looking for help, please click here to contact Paul Davies.